Martial Arts in Chesapeake and Moyock
Welcome to Master Hwang’s World Class Tae Kwon Do, the leading provider of martial arts classes in Chesapeake, VA and Moyock, NC. Here you will find information on all of our exciting martial arts classes, including:
- Kids Martial Arts Classes – Children gain focus, self-confidence, and respect while learning Tae Kwon Do in a fun, active setting.
- Adult Martial Arts Classes – Adults improve their physical fitness and relieve stress in a positive, encouraging environment.
- Little Tigers Classes – Preschoolers and kindergarteners burn off excess energy while gaining greater focus and self-control.
- Family Classes – Families spend quality time together in an activity everyone can participate in and enjoy.
- After School Program – After school martial arts program for the Chesapeake region.
- Summer Camp – Kids Summer Camp program for families in the Chesapeake and Suffolk, VA area
We are committed to teaching the highest quality martial arts in an atmosphere of positive energy and respect.
In addition to learning the technical aspects of Tae Kwon Do, character development and leadership skills are two very important elements of truly understanding the martial arts. Therefore, our training also focuses on developing skills valuable in daily life: cooperation, respect, self-control, and confidence.
Clean and Safe Facility
We take pride in our school and work hard to provide a clean and safe place for families to learn Tae Kwon Do.
About Master Hwang
A native of Seoul, Korea, Master Hwang began training in Tae Kwon Do at the age of 7. His diligent training earned him a black belt in multiple Martial Art forms, placement upon a famous international demonstration team and a full four-year scholarship to the leading Martial Art University in Seoul, Korea. Master Hwang graduated from Young In University as Valdectorian of his class in 2001.
Shortly following graduation. Master Hwang was personally selected among thousands by Grand Master Sun Chong to join the World Class team in the USA.
- More than 35 Years Experience
- Master Degree in Tae Kwon Do, Hap Ki Do & Yong Moo Do
- Yong In University International Demonstration Team
- Head Master for World Class Tae Kwon Do Center in Buffalo, New York
As an instructor, Master Hwang has held the position of Head Master for the World Class Tae Kwon Do Centers in Buffalo, NY. Under the guidance of U.S. National Team Coach Grandmaster Sun Chong, Master Hwang oversaw the development and design of curriculum and teaching plans for over 2,000 active students.
Master Hwang is a highly dynamic demonstrator and teacher. His phenomenal level of skill and energy excite students for every single class. With over 35 years of Tae Kwon Do experience, Master Hwang is dedicated to helping every member of the school to gain the maximum benefit from their training.
“I am amazed at the professionalism and dedication to excellence that I see every day from all of the instructors. Master Hwang is a Master not only of Tae Kwon Do, but also of training good teachers. His method of instruction is superb and far above what I have witnessed at even the doctoral level. As a teacher at the college, high and middle school levels and with over 25 years’ experience, I know what it takes to teach well. Master Hwang and his staff rank with the best.” ~Margaret C. Dimmick